Plantain & Bean Stew
Preparation time: 25 mins
Health Benefit: high in fibre
But remember that you will need extra:
water, olive oil
which are not included in the pack!
Just follow these easy steps:
- Splash some olive oil into a hot pan over a medium high heat and sauté diced onion (Bag 1). Add curry & chilli powder and stir in.
- When all is golden add the ‘Made by Mama’ sauce, from bag 2, stir through and leave to cook gently for 12-15 mins.
- Add the beans and turn down heat to a medium low, stir through occasionally so the beans do not stick to the pan. Allow to cook for a further 15 mins.
- While the beans are cooking, boil some water in a pot. Thickly chop the plantain from bag 3 and place into pot. Leave to boil for 12 mins.
- Once plantain is cooked, drain water from pot, and remove the skin. Serve plantain with the bean stew. Akwaba! - Twi for “You are welcome”